- Research engineer (12 months)
Research Unit : UMR 8227: Integrative biology of marine models
Laboratory Location: Station Biologique de Roscoff (on the north coast of Brittany, FRANCE)
Function: Design and engineering works
MISSION :The research activity will be done in the team « Translation, Cell Cycle and Development ». It consists in the design and developments of biochemical methods to probe, reveal and analyze structural motifs in various RNAs of diverse origins
- Ensure the set-up and development of probing methods adapted to RNAS, such as for example, the SHAPE method, to study the regulation of translation which takes place in sea urchin at fertilization.
- Prepare RNAs samples from cellular extracts and in vitro synthesis
- Set-up the probing conditions in diverse media (buffers, extracts, in vivo) with several probes (the SHAPE probes, DMS, CMCT, RNAses)
- Set-up the analysis of the probed positions by reverse-transcription and sequence analysis with gels and sequencers
- Prepare the transitions towards probing a large number of RNAs and NGS
- Design the experiments (probing and analysis) and controls in an autonomous way; integrate controls, benchmarking, statistical analysis as well as security measures
- Organize the work for future exploitation and presentations (team level, meetings, publications)
- Report of the progress on a regular basis, redaction of technical notes and protocoles
- Manage equipment, stocks and data bases of the project
- Technology monitoring to watch novel techniques related to structural probing or sequencing
- Supervise and train students and team members in the methods used
- Proficiency in RNA biochemistry; preliminary experiences with RNA manipulation is required.
- General knowledge of molecular and cellular biology. Formation in chemistry will be an asset.
- Functioning principles and usage of the aparatus used in the domain (such as sequencers, electrophoresis, thermocyclers, etc …)
Dr. Anne-Catherine Dock-Bregeon: email@example.com, Integrative Biology of Marine Models Laboratory; Station Biologique de Roscoff (29680 ROSCOFF FRANCE)
June 2017 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30